At Spitler Huffman, LLP we can handle all aspects of real estate law for you, whether your transaction be residential or commercial in nature.
Residential Transactions: There is more to purchasing or selling your house than signing documents and turning over the keys to the new owners. Real estate can hold hidden problems. The home or building may have construction defects or problems such as mold or drainage issues. Previous owners may not have fulfilled their obligations on the property and have left behind unpaid taxes, mechanics liens, and mortgages that they fail to disclose. Our attorneys ensure that residential real estate transactions proceed smoothly. A few of our services include:
- Preparation of documents for clients so they may sell or buy without a realtor
- Tax Valuation Appeals
- Real Estate and Zoning Litigation
- Reviewing and/or drafting purchase agreements
- Assistance in drafting or reviewing a purchase agreement
- Preparation and of documents for clients so they may sell or buy without a realtor
- Preparation of deeds and other closing documents
- Foreclosure defense
- Resolution of unforeseen problems, including construction defects, unpaid taxes, mechanics liens and mortgages that sellers fail to disclose
Our real estate lawyers uphold the highest standards of professionalism, determining that property descriptions are accurate, funds are properly deposited, and earlier liens are discharged. In order to provide complete and full service to our real estate clients, we have developed a close relationship with American Title Agency, Inc.
Commercial Transactions: The lawyers of our firm serve real estate professionals and their companies, banks, savings and loans and other commercial lenders, developers of residential subdivisions, developers of shopping centers, office buildings, and industrial parks. A few common actions our real estate attorneys take on behalf of commercial clients include:
- Preparation and review of documentation for the sale, purchase and or financing of property
- Preparing and reviewing construction contracts
- Representation in disputes over property lines, real estate contracts, leases and mechanics liens
- Representation regarding zoning issues and appeals
- Assistance in acquiring and developing property for manufacturing, industrial, retail, residential or commercial uses
- Expert real estate title advice
Interested in more information? Contact our attorneys directly.